Substitute Teacher Information
Information for New Applicants
Come work with one of Forbes 2020 Best Large Employers!
ESS is a leading provider of full-service staffing and management programs for the K-12 educational market. We are currently seeking a Recruiter/Account Manager to service the Greene County Schools area. The successful candidate is responsible for utilizing effective recruiting strategies to attract a high volume of talented and qualified substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, and school support staff to work with our clients. The rapid growth and expansion of our business is causing a need for a new generation of recruitment staff ready to build out our substitute team.
This position is currently 30 hours per week with the opportunity to work 50% from home!
- Develop and maintain a network of contacts to help identify and source qualified substitute teacher, paraprofessional, and school support staff candidates.
- Apply proven methods (online recruiting, grass-roots campaigns, etc) to identify, attract, and facilitate the hiring of qualified and diverse education professionals.
- Work local community events and university career fairs.
- Source and hire certified teachers for the school districts vacancies and Long-term assignments.
- Conduct new hire orientations, information sessions and employee presentations.
- Provide exceptional quality service to new applicants throughout hiring process.
- Move applicants through hiring pipeline in a timely manner to be able to accept assignments within our systems.
- Manage communication with potential candidates including logistics of interviews and training sessions
- Assist candidates in obtaining state and federal credentialing and clearances as well as any new hire paperwork needed.
- Audit all new hire documents and guide candidates through the credentialing process.
- Work cooperatively with all members of the team to develop and implement staffing plans and activities; initiate and maintain excellent working relations within the entire company.
An ideal candidate for this role will demonstrate the following and/or have experiences with:
- Strong oral, written communication and presentation skills
- Creative and outside-of-the-box thinking
- Strong problem-solving, project management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word required
- Professional attitude, appearance, and demeanor
- Regional travel required
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. With more than 650 school district partners throughout the US, ESS supports the education of more than 2.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.