CASE Benchmark Information
The following CASE/Mastery Connect benchmarks will be required:
- 3rd-5th Social Studies and Science
- 6th-8th ELA, Math, Social Studies and Science
- 9th-12th English I and II, Algebra I and II, Geometry, Biology
- Semester Courses will take two benchmarks
- Traditional year-long Courses will take three benchmarks
- K-2 all subjects
- 3rd-5th ELA and Math
- High School EOC teachers will use the middle of the semester benchmark to satisfy Greene County School Board Policy 4.600. Teachers are to use discretion but cannot give a score lower than the recommended score from Case (sent in PDF reports to Principals after testing window closes). Use professional judgement to ensure the grading process is fair to students.
- K-8 teachers may use the benchmark score for a grade as appropriate. Teachers cannot give a score lower than the recommended grade mark from CASE.
- ELA teachers will grade the writing portion of the benchmark using the TN Writing Rubric. Writing scores must be entered by 12/23/2021.
CASE Benchmark Window 1
September 20th – October 8th HS Block Schedule (English I & II, Alg II, Geo, Bio)
September 27th- October 8th Elem/Middle CASE Benchmark #1
HS Traditional Schedule (English I, Alg I, Alg II)
CASE Benchmark Window 2
- The goal of the CASE benchmark assessment is to give us data about how a student is predicted to perform on grade level standards on the state assessment. Therefore, only students with an IEP (Individualized Education Program) or 504 that specifically have read aloud as an accommodation should have the text-to-speech option turned on for the CASE Assessment. (These would be the same students receiving read aloud accommodations on the state test.)
- Classroom teachers must turn on the read aloud from within the tracker.
- For directions to turn on (or off) the text-to-speech feature, please use the link below https://help.masteryconnect.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002706894-Making-Text-to-Speech-Available-to-Students
- ELA is optional for elementary grades 3-5, but required for grades 6-8.
- Part 2 of the ELA CASE assessment should be administered paper pencil.
- Teachers will then use the provided rubric to score the writing.
- Scores will need to be entered online before Part 2 the benchmark window closes on December 23rd.
- The ELA Part 2 Writing assessment should be completed online.
- Teachers will use the provided rubric to score the writing.
- Scores will need to be entered online before Part 2 the benchmark window closes, on December 23rd.
Calculator Guidance on the Math Benchmarks
For the CASE math benchmark, teachers may allow students to use their own, TCAP approved calculators for the calculator allowed portion of the test, or they may use the calculator embedded in the CASE assessment. Teachers will need to monitor the assessment to see that students use their calculators on only the calculator allowed portion. For example, the 8th grade CASE Math Benchmark does not allow calculator use on numbers 1 through 11.
For information about the calculator embedded in the CASE benchmark assessment, please use the links below.
**If a student submits a test before finishing the test, please contact the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
TN Alignment Benchmark Documents